Views: 297 Author: Vickey Publish Time: 2023-05-09 Origin: Site
Polypropylene glycol is a polymer with the molecular formula H (C3H6O) nOH and a molecular weight of 400–2000. It is a colorless to yellowish sticky liquid. non-volatile. non-corrosiveness.
Its monoester is a non-ionic surfactant and can also act with alcohols to produce ether. It is a solvent for vegetable oil, resin, and paraffin and is also used in the preparation of alkyd resin, emulsifiers, reverse emulsifiers, lubricating oils, plasticizers, etc.
Polypropylene glycol is produced by ring-opening polymerization of propylene oxide. An alcohol serves as the catalyst, and a base—typically potassium hydroxide—acts as the initiator. The polymer is linear when ethylene glycol or water is used as the initiator. A polymer branches out when an initiator with many functions, such as glycerine, pentaerythritol, or sorbitol, is used.
Propylene oxide is traditionally polymerized to produce an atactic polymer. Optically active propylene oxide can be used to make the isotactic polymer, but it is expensive. Prochiral propylene oxide was reported to be isotactically polymerized in 2005 using a silver cobalt catalyst.
1. PPG series is soluble in organic solvents such as toluene, ethanol, and trichloroethylene. PPG 200, 400, and 600 are soluble in water and have lubrication, solubilization, defresaming, and antistatic properties. PPG-200 can be used as a dispersant for the pigment.
2. In cosmetics, PPG4002000 is used as an emollient, softener, and lubricant.
3. It is used as an anti-foam agent in coating and hydraulic oil, an anti-foam agent in synthetic rubber and latex processing, a refrigerant and coolant for heat transfer fluid, and a viscosity-improving agent.
4. Polypropylene glycol is used as an intermediate in the esterification, etherification, and polycondensation reactions.
5. Polypropylene glycol is used as a release agent, solvent, synthetic oil additive, water-soluble cutting liquid, roller oil, hydraulic oil additive, high-temperature lubricant, rubber internal lubricant, and external lubricant.
6. PPG-20008000 has excellent lubrication, anti-bubble, heat resistance, and frost resistance;
7. PPG-30008000 is mainly used as a component of the composite polyether to produce polyurethane foam plastic;
8. PPG-30008000 can be used directly or after esterification in the production of plasticizers and lubricants.
9. This product can be used as the base material for daily chemical, medicine, and oil agents.